Visit Belgorod Dnestrovsky fortress
Day trip from Odessa to satellite town with big medieval fortress. This tour includes sightseeing of Belgorod Dnestrovsky and its main attraction - Akkerman fortress. This small town is perfect place for seeing beautiful view of castle, acquainted with history and observe couple architecture monuments. Besides, one can taste a wine on Shabo factory, make boat trip or fishing on Dniester estuary.
Belgorod day tour inclusions
- Excursion to Akkerman fortress
- Observing archeological excavations
- Entrance tickets
- Personal guide
- Transfer from Odessa and back
Time and places for sightseeing
Distance between Odessa and Belgodor is 85 km, so the road to and back takes approximately 2 hours. One should consider road time to understand how many time you have for sightseeing Belgorod Dnestrovsky. Also decide, whether you want to visit only fortress, or with other town attractions. Tourist information concerning points of interest, check on special page about Belgorod Dnestrovsky.
Boat trip to Akkerman
Boat trip - one of the most exciting ways to get to Belgorod Dnestrovsky fortress. We board special motor boat and make sea voyage to Dniester estuary. Sea route takes 1.5 hours and is available for a group of 12 people. Compared to land route, the sea way is more faster, interesting, beautiful and makes it possible to observe fortress from Dniester estuary, like enemies fleets centuries ago. Traveling by boat depends on good weather and is possible from April to October.
Chateau Lacarin tour inclusions
- Wine tasting with hospitable owner
- Production process observing
- Guide support
- Transfer to and back
- Opportunity to buy wine
Why day trip from Odessa to Chateau Lacarin
- Adults - tasting a good wine made by old french recipes, but grew up on Ukrainian land. See the mystery of local wine production. To have pleasant chat with the owner all about: wine, business, history, life stories etc.
- Kids - to see a life of a countryside people, different domestic animals, breathing a fresh air, taste natural local food.
- Eco - read the full story about Chateau de Lacarin. This tour supports small business of eco producing in Ukraine.
Why the tour is special?
Private winery by Christophe Lacarin is a wonderful opportunity to be involved into agro tourism of Ukraine. Escaping mass tourism places and brands pressure, you able to see family business of a man, who making his own unique wine, constantly wagging a war against brand monopolists, government corruptionist and local enviers. Like a grape trying to survive in unfavorable environment, Christophe continuing to make a wonderful wine, which is not possible to buy in a regular shops. We pursue two aims: support this man and small agricultural business, also show to people the real life and circumstances in Ukraine behind the commercial glossiness.
Day trip to Shabo - inclusions
- Visit Shabo winery: excursion to museum and degustation
- Visit to Cheese farm brand shop
- Private guide throughout the tour
- Comfortable transfer
- Museum - good designed place intended to show history pages of Shabo village and wine producing. Museum exhibition starts from ancient greek times, through the centuries until nowadays. You will know the story of swiss colonists of 19th century, which left their country and found Shabo colony. Couple of museum rooms represent hard times of World War 2 and soviet era, when the wine quality get down and the colony turns into Kolkhoz.
- Factory yard - guide shows people the factory facilities, wine cellars and yard with a garden. During this part of tour you will know what happen with a grape harvest,
when it comes to the factory: purification, distillation,
fermentation and other winemaking processes.
- Degustation - final part of excursion, where you able to learn to differ wines and taste six types of factory product. Tasting take place in a special hall, afterwards all the people go back through brand shop.
Day trips from Odessa to Shabo
Shabo - village known by wine brand - Shabo. In the village located big wine factory, which is opened for a tourists. Regular tours include visit to museum and excursion around factory. Also you can order excursion to Shabo with tasting of wine, or without. Besides, there works Shabo wine shop, with factory products. So, even if you order tour without tasting, there is opportunity to buy wine afterwards.
Visit local cheese farm
To have full gustro tour, there is additional place to visit. Right near Shabo wine factory located cheese farm. Cheese farm also opened for visitors and group of tourists. As a part of a day trip we can make excursion on farm with cheese tasting. You can visit special restaurant, taste different cheese and buy farm production in company shop.
Day trip to Akkerman fortress + Shabo winery
This tour includes two place of interest out of Odessa: trip to Belgorod Dnestrovsky and Shabo wine factory. You will see the biggest medieval fortress on south of Ukraine with a beautiful view on a Dniester estuary. Sightseeing part we mixed with gastro tour to Shabo village, that include visit to factory museum wine degustation. Also as additional point of tour we make stop at Cheese farm, where you can taste local product and visit brand shop.
- Sightseeing Belgorod Dnestrovsky fortress
- Visit to Shabo winery: museum + degustation (6 samples of local wines)
- Visit to local Cheese farm
- Private english speaking guide
- Comfortable transfer
Odessa tourism map includes not only the city itself. There are lot of places to visit during day trips from Odessa. We offer different day tours according to client prefers. It can be sightseeing of towns neaby, gustro tours to factories, extreme river rafting or nature trips.
Tour to secret missile base
One of most interesting day trips from Odessa goes to Soviet missile base. The base was top secret during Soviet times and hidden underground. There were placed missile silos for keeping most sinister Soviet nuclear weapon of the Cold War. Exactly here could be launched intercontinental ballistic missiles to strike on Western countries and United States during Caribbean Crisis. Nowadays soviet strategic base turned into Missile Forces Museum and open to visit.
What you will see
- Command Post with a "red button" of 12 compartments and elevator
- Open air exhibits of soviet weapon and enginery: intercontinental ballistic and tactic missiles
- Exibit of indoor museum represent history of war and Soviet Strategic Rocket Forces
- Subterrain communications and passageways
- Still working launcher silo
Why the day trip is special?
Excursion around missile base provide retired military officers, who served in the missile forces of Soviet Union. These officers served in an underground shelter and could be isolated inside for 45 days in case of atomic strike. Knowing perfectly peculiarity of rocket weapons from inside, guides will be happy to share the secrets of rocket weapons, as well as structure and functionality of missile base. Despite that base was disbanded, there still work weapon system. Thus you will see opening of the missile soil before launching.
Day trip from Odessa or Kiev!?
Since missile base located amid of Kiev and Odessa the route there takes same time to travel. So, going on a trip to Ukraine, you have opportunity to make missile base tour from both cities.
The route to missile museum could be slightly exhausting, cause sometimes the road is pretty bad. Usual story in Ukraine. That's why during the trip we will make lunch break in a local restaurant of ukrainian food. Also good to take some snacks with you, as the travel time is long. Both food and restaurant are not included to the price!